[rusEfi] Daewoo Cielo/Nexia 1.5 DOHC #51

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
md_sanci
Github Username: shadowm60
Slack: Alex M

Daewoo Cielo/Nexia 1.5 DOHC #51

Post by md_sanci »

Hello all,

We just managed to make the first attempt to start and run pretty ok the car.
Using a Frankenso board as a base, bigger injectors and ITB.

For now we do run Alpha-N/TPS algo but i am looking to switch it to MAP sensor is i can make it stable (sync all the blades).

Managed to make an adapter harness so i am using the factory harness with some small mods.

Next steps:
- piggy board done to make the KNOCK extension
- home made WBO2 controller (i managed to get my hands on CJ125, but i do not have time to make an addon board yet) with atmega328 and some opamps.
- CAN network -> here we are planning to use Daimler cluster or something custom made so i will need to update the SW for this.

Additional things that we do need to wire and set up:
- vehicle speed sensor
- oil pressure
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Daewoo Cielo/Nexia 1.5 DOHC

Post by AndreyB »

Welcome to the forum!

Where on the planet are you?

Also we have a tradition

Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

md_sanci wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:25 am
Next steps:
- piggy board done to make the KNOCK extension
- home made WBO2 controller (i managed to get my hands on CJ125, but i do not have time to make an addon board yet) with atmega328 and some opamps.
rusEfi has hip9011 but needs testing?

rusEfi has working cj125 support but needs documentation :)
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

Sorry for the late response.

1st. I am from Romania.

2nd

One of the first startups.

Today we installed 14point7 slc wbo2 controller. We were running oem nb o2. Now we learned that aft was 11 :))))))

Nezt step add fuel :))) the tank is dry :))

I have frnkenso and hipp external test pcb. I did not had time to test it. But we have 30 day till the drag race so probably more posts will come and long nights.

I am tuning alphaN but i do not like it :( added a vacuum canister and map readings are stable. Itb.s are not 90% synced i need rpm to work on those.

Tomorrow if all gets well i will buy tuner studio pro license and hope to play even with the auto tune.
AndreyB
Site Admin

Re: Daewoo Cielo/Nexia 1.5 DOHC #51

Post by AndreyB »

Congrats!!!

Is that first rusEfi car running ITB?

md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

I found some posts about itb's on this forum, but i did not found a tune or description.

I do not know how to make mixt mode on rusefi... It is not even supported or i did not found it.
I will make tps small values at the beginning and bigger steps on the way to wot.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Congrats and good job. Your engine bay looks nice.

This may be of interest. Often people will combine multiple MAPs with hoses and check valves. The below PCB does that electronically. Basically it sends the lowest signal out of all the ITB's and that is sent to the ECU.
https://github.com/jharvey/MultiMAP
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

russian wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 pm
No... :roll: :oops: :?
md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

andreika wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:21 am
russian wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 pm
No... :roll: :oops: :?
How did you managed it? AlphaN algo ?
The map reading is stable. And the reading is the same as on the sync gauge.
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

md_sanci wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 am
How did you managed it? AlphaN algo ?
Speed density + TPS-based VE table + TPS-based advance table. But it also worked with pure speed density, just not as good as with hybrid MAP+TPS-based setup. As for the MAP, I've enabled option "Use minimal value of = 4" (for 4-cyl).
md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

Just switched to speed density. Target afr is 14.0 it is a stady 11 :( autotune is trying to catch the correct values.

Hopefully in a few day we will be able to drive the car, for now steady tps increase will make the engine spin nicely, then all of the sudden at around 3500 rpm afr is lean and we get engine stall. I will install a pressure gauge in the fuel rail to be sure that it is not a faulty pump and we just need to tune it more by hand before relaying on autotune.
Thanks for the hint.

We are running a slc free 2 wbo2 external controller and we have fluctuating readings at constant rpm. But it is doing this even and engine off state, not stady at 20 afr.

Do you guys think it could be a controller issue or just wiring issue from the controller to the sensor? Connections look ok.
andreika
donator
donator

Post by andreika »

md_sanci wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 pm
autotune is trying to catch the correct values.
Autotune in TunerStudio often tends to "saturate", when there's a big difference between actual and target values. So I'd recommend to restart it more often. If you see that Autotune has stopped responding and cannot change the VE values anymore, then stop it, apply the changes, restart the TunerStudio and start the Autotune again. If TS shows a "difference report", then select "Use TunerStudio settings" to re-send the VE table to the ECU.
md_sanci wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 pm
Hopefully in a few day we will be able to drive the car, for now steady tps increase will make the engine spin nicely, then all of the sudden at around 3500 rpm afr is lean and we get engine stall.
If you need to drive somewhere and your VE table isn't ready, and you don't want those severe AFR dips while driving, then you might want to enable "Fuel short-term closed-loop correction". Here's an example of somehow working settings on my car, for starters:
(Please notice that P and I factors and Min are negative). Although PID implementation has been changed recently, so it might not work anymore... :?
JRD McLAREN
contributor
contributor

Post by JRD McLAREN »

Hello ..
we have a same car ... :mrgreen:
..but different engine ...
.. some Proteus and microRusEFI for sale in Europe ..
md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

What engine do you have in it? we are already looking for upgrades :)))
JRD McLAREN
contributor
contributor

Post by JRD McLAREN »

Hello ..
I have 2.0 16V engine ...

It's not good idea to drive ITB with MAP ..
"hybrid mode" looks like the better choice for me .. after past years ...
..wiht my engine ...

now I have this setup .. on rusefi

Speed density + TPS-based VE table + MAP-based advance table

and it works fine ..
JRD McLAREN
contributor
contributor

Post by JRD McLAREN »

this thread may be helpful for you .. https://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1542
md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

So i have dropped speed density, i cannot tune the car with it, at least not in this state.

Switched back to alpha, it is looking way better, but still a lot to work on.

Did the itb sync today and o2 seems more stable :D
md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

JRD McLAREN wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 pm
this thread may be helpful for you .. https://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1542
Thanks. I have read that tread, but it seems new info is there. I will try it from scratch to see if i can make it.
Would it be a good idea to flash latest sw on the stm? I think i will prepare a second board for that :)
md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

JRD McLAREN wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Hello ..
I have 2.0 16V engine ...

It's not good idea to drive ITB with MAP ..
"hybrid mode" looks like the better choice for me .. after past years ...
..wiht my engine ...

now I have this setup .. on rusefi

Speed density + TPS-based VE table + MAP-based advance table

and it works fine ..
By any chance can you share you're tune? i have tried last night hybrid speed density, i cannot make the car run or accelerate :(((((
On AlphaN it is working fine, i still have to dyno it but it runs nice, it will accelerate hard and AFR stays pretty stable.

Next step - get knowk sensor working.
@Russian: on 1.5 i had my custom pcb mounted with the hip, and i could see voltage level increase with acceleration but never going true the 4v trashold.
On 1.6 since i made un update, my hip is not responding, i will try to get both commits since i have the build dates, i try to look at the differences, will test the spi with a data logger to see if transfer is working or not, etc.

Picture of my housing :)
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

Sweet Frankenstein.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

What is this small green add-on board? I assume the blue thing is power supply?

AndreyB
Site Admin

Post by AndreyB »

md_sanci wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:10 am
@Russian: on 1.5 i had my custom pcb mounted with the hip, and i could see voltage level increase with acceleration but never going true the 4v trashold.
On 1.6 since i made un update, my hip is not responding, i will try to get both commits since i have the build dates, i try to look at the differences, will test the spi with a data logger to see if transfer is working or not, etc.
Please start a new topic dedicated only to your HIP efforts. I need your help so that I can separate unrelated discussions. I need your help so that I can reduce my efforts to separate different pieces of the conversation.

md_sanci

Post by md_sanci »

Hello all,

Today i managed to make a cam shaft sensor work, but now my Frankestein board is unsable.
First things first:
- i have mounted a BMW e60 Diesel Hall Type cam shaft sensor (gnd, sig, 5v) and mounted it on the timing belt back cover. ~1mm apart
- on the timing wheel i have placed a 2mm steel that is flying in front of the sensor.

Till now all looks fine, i have used the INP12 with opamp and a 10K pull-up on the pcb
Then i have connected W212 to PC6.

The car is unstable, when it is all ok, it revs nicely, but i have noticed while measuring with the osci if i put a wire on the pc6 from stm it will idle rough.

Then another test, connected the usb cable to the stm to get some logs, same behaviour, so i have stopped and got the sd card from the Frankenstein, this is what i have noticed ( ps. did measure 5v on osci and it is stable, i have a 5A power supply on it).

On the log there are two issues, one it looks like the sensor is not constant, sometimes it reports wrong angle?
The second one is when i connect the usb it is right at the marker.

I have forgot to mention: i am using VVT mode second half, with VVT use rise front False. This is only to have sequential fuel injection!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (46.74 KiB) Viewed 18128 times