Hello from Colorado USA

Your chance to introduce yourself and your vehicle
Joey120373
donator
donator

Hello from Colorado USA

Post by Joey120373 »

Just ordered a mini board off ebay, looking foreword to playing with it.

Found RUSefi through the speeduino forum, and was excited to see another, seemingly way more capable option available.

The speeduino is probably perfectly adequate for most of my projects, but I have a v8 in the near future I would like to have twin DBW and fully sequential fuel and spark.
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Re: Hello from Colorado USA

Post by AndreyB »

Welcome to the forum! Hope to ship your kit tomorrow.
Joey120373 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:58 pm
fully sequential fuel and spark.
Why fully sequential fuel and spark?
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Joey120373
donator
donator

Post by Joey120373 »

AndreyB wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:04 pm
Why fully sequential fuel and spark?
Good question, actually wasted spark would be perfectly fine, in fact, semi sequential fuel would probably be fine as well.

That being said, if the RUSefi can support 8x8 then why not?

/its going to be a 520 cubic inch V8, and it will have an ITB cross ram intake, so sequential fuel might be a good thing.

The intake i hope to use is pictured here
Attachments
FEP Intakes.jpg
FEP Intakes.jpg (238.01 KiB) Viewed 5029 times
Joey120373
donator
donator

Post by Joey120373 »

Well, I got the board in the mail, and after a bit of an issue with 2 usb “charge only “ cables, I have been able to load the code, build a project in Tuner studio and overall I have been gobsmacked by power and ease the this whole project.

I went for the Nucleo 144, STM32F767 board.

Speeduino is great, and I have a board built and a project liked up for it, but the RUSEFI is the system I have been waiting for.

I hope that trans control is on the todo list for the near future.

Huge thank you to all involved, from the code development to the online videos to the documentation, you all are great.
kb1gtt
contributor
contributor

Post by kb1gtt »

I see Colorado and nice shop pictures. By chance are you this fellow?

What do you have in mind for trans controller? A key issue we have is that trans controllers vary allot. We have talked about them before, but we have made little progress. The key issue is that the software developers don't have easy access to a transmission to use for development purposes. Which makes it difficult to develop such hardware.
Welcome to the friendlier side of internet crazy :)
AndreyB
Site Admin
Github Username: rusefillc
Slack: Andrey B

Post by AndreyB »

kb1gtt wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:41 pm
The key issue is that the software developers don't have easy access to a transmission to use for development purposes. Which makes it difficult to develop such hardware.
Technically I have very easy access to two auto transmissions - red test mule miata has auto and I've made harness extensions for it already, also my v12 comes with a functioning transmission :) So technically TCU progress is possible.
Very limited telepathic abilities - please post logs & tunes where appropriate - http://rusefi.com/s/questions

Always looking for C/C++/Java/PHP developers! Please help us see https://rusefi.com/s/howtocontribute
Joey120373
donator
donator

Post by Joey120373 »

@kb1gtt,

No, that is not me, but who wouldn't want that hair!

As for a transmission, I want to use a ford 6r80. this is not an easy trans to control, so might be a pipe dream, but there are controllers out there.