I'm Thomas from Germany. In the past I worked with UMC1 (MS2 derivative) and Speeduino (Core4 with DIY VR-conditioner and Spartan2 OEM) on Opel 4-cylinder engines such as C18XEL and C20NE. Now I need an ECU for a E16SE ITB project, which can process MAF as Primary engine load sensor, so there is only the MS2 and rusEFI. The engine is pretty straight forward: Z16XEP pistons with crush edge of 0,9mm, standard cylinder head machining with bigger inlet runners, 4-1 exhaust manifold, Jenvey ITBs etc. Planned with this engine: semi-sequential injection, wasted spark using Opel coil with integrated drivers from X16SZ.
I heard about rusEFI a few months ago and I instantly fell in love with the Prometheus board because of the built-in WB-controller, knock processing and Bluetooth.
Unfortunately, I'm a total noob when it comes to fine-pitch SMD assembly, so a Kit for DIY-soldering is not suitable for me, so I forgot about the Prometheus.
Now I heard of MRE and I love the compact housing and the high-quality-connector. But when I read of the limited possibilities (no knock processing, no WB-controller and Bluetooth onboard) it was no longer on my scope of interest.
Nevertheless, I downloaded the simulation folder with the rusefi.ini and played around a bit in TunerStudio. The possibilities of rusEFI are quiet big, but I've got a few questions:
- in TS, I did not found the optical 3D-map, only the 3D-tables. For better visuals I prefer the 3D-Maps, so is there a possibility to display them or is this feature planned in the future?
- in the documentation, I read about the following:
--> so to say, MAF is not really accurate because of a simple algorithm? Why do they not take account for ambient temperature? I want to use Bosch HFM5 0 280 218 019 (10-480 kg/h) MAF with integrated IAT sensor. Did I understand the quote right that the rusEFI won't trim the injection in dependence on the IAT?MAF-based or MAP-based table fuel lookup with interpolation - these algorithms are pretty rough since they do not account for ambient air temperature but not many sensor are required to run.
- in TS, I read about "MAF Air charge" fuel algorithm. What is the difference to "MAF"?
- it might sound a little bit noob-like, but I do not understand the difference between
andMAP-based table fuel lookup with interpolation [...]
. In the past, I only worked with Speed Density on MS2 and Speeduino, so Auto Tune worked just fine. Does this mean, Auto tune is not possible with MAF algorithm? What is the difference between a "MAP table lookup" and a "MAP-based Speed Density model"?MAP-based Speed Density model, with fuel auto-tune provided by a fully registered copy of TunerStudio
- I really love the Prometheus board because of it's compact and fully-integrated design. Is there a possibility to get a fully assembled PCB? Because of the integrated drivers on my coil I do not need the BIP373 but just some gate drivers like the TC4427. Is there a possibility to implement them?